F10 RELIVE ANCIENT OSTIA, THE BETTER POMPEII
Relive the glory of Ancient Rome with us on a guided visit to Ostia Antica! Visit this oncelively harbor town founded in the 4th century BC. Ancient Ostia is commonly referred to as “The Better Pompeii” due to the astonishing preservation ofits buildings.
Relive the Ancient Ostia – half day tour
Relive the glory of Ancient Rome with us on a guided visit to Ostia Antica! Visit this oncelively harbor town founded in the 4th century BC. Ancient Ostia is commonly referred to as “The Better Pompeii” due to the astonishing preservation ofits buildings. You will stroll through ancient taverns, baths, apartments, groceries and theatres and their present condition so strikingly exceeds that of the Roman Forum, Imperial Forum and Pompeii, that it seems a misnomer to call them ‘ruins’. Here it’s easy to let your imagination fly and feel like you’ve been transported back in time in this once bustling Roman harbor town the isolated ruins reveal no sign of the modern world so you’ll have a truly authentic experience! Walk the main street, the Decumanus Maximus, while your tour guide regales you with fascinating stories of the past. The Roman statues lining the walkways are in such perfect condition you’ll feel as though you are walking amongst the ancient Romans themselves! You’ll even be enticed to take a dip in the Baths of Neptune, which are crowned by an impressively intact mosaic of the sea god being drawn by a four horse chariot.
And if you are a theatre fan, you will be astounded by Ancient Ostia’s amphitheatre take your place in the stands as 3,500 ancient Roman spectators once did back in 12 BC when it was first constructed. Then feel free to relax for a moment with a friend on the communal forica or toilettes just as the Romans did! Don’t miss the chance to experience the “Better Pompeii”, the tour of Ancient Ostia, a Roman experience.
– See the archaeological site of Ancient Ostia and discover more about the history of Rome..
– Explore the ruins and learn interesting facts of Roman architecture.
– Travel back in history as you walk through the historic town of Ancient Ostia.
– 3 hours professional local guide
– Tour small group up to 6 persons
– Enjoy a round trip transportation in a minivan with air-conditioned.
Season validity: The tour is open for all tourism season
Tour start: 09.00 am from the hotel
Duration tour: The tour lasts 5 hours including the return trip
Departure days: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
– 3 hours tour with a professional guide
– Pick-up and drop off from the hotel (inside Aurelian Walls)
– Admission ticket Ostia Antica excavations
– transportation in a minivan with air-conditioned